My work focuses mainly around character creation and world building. Which is why not only do I offer works of fiction, I also offer custom characters for you to use in your RPG sessions:
• These will be structured like my Character Profiles you have seen me write about for Sleepless Flame.
• [link] [link] [link]
• I will need to know your GM's limitations and guidelines. Especially on races.
• This is just setting and background for a character, actual stats and rolls are done by you.
• It is on YOUR head If your DM tells you no, you cannot use the character. Save the profile for another game where s/he will let you play it then. You will be free to use it whenever you like.
What I WILL do:
• Invent new characters
• Use your OC's and settings
• Stories and adventures from one of my splinter characters or worlds. (read more about them here)
• Something completely random (just say "surprise me!" though I may ask a few arbitrary questions about what you like.)
• Something influenced by a musical piece.
• Graphic violence/combat – within limitations. If I am uncomfortable doing something, I will let you know.
• Invent you a D&D/RPG character to role play – check that out, I'm pretty damn good at character creation and development. I always make players cringe, and DM's smile whenever I get into character.
What I will NOT do:
• Erotica (***FOR NOW**** I am actually practicing it at this very moment, and once I feel confident enough in my abilities without sounding godawful, I will consider offering it)
• Licensed character and setting fanfics
• Your essay for class (c'mon, seriously?)
• Nonfiction (had enough of that in school)
I am experienced in anything and everything, but I mostly am versed with fantasy, scifi, steampunk. However, I am most certainly open to try new things.
I do withhold all rights to the finalized piece. If you wish it to be publicly readable (which I would prefer so that I may tempt others with my wordweaving) they will be posted on DeviantArt, my personal Blog and on Tumblr. I will be posting prior to emailing you a PDF document of your commissioned story so that a timestamp will be created. I also save every conversation made between myself and the purchaser.
If you would rather your order be made private, I will be uploading it to dA as a scrap so that a digital timestamp is still created, but I will be the only one to view the work. It is just a means to protect my art.
You will receive permission to post the work to share on your blogs and such, but will be expected to provide crediting to me as the Author. A link would be nice too.
Like any commissioned artwork and writing, you are essentially purchasing a mini book from me, custom tailored to your likes. You wouldn't take the entire works of Dante Alighieri, post them on a blog/website, then claim you wrote The Divine Comedy, now would you?
Since I do not do fanfics, I have to do a lot of work creating worlds and even characters that are not one-dimensional. This part takes even longer for me than creating the actual story situation itself. Another factor that determines pricing is how in depth you want me to be. This can dramatically influence the cost of the final piece. Prices will be discussed through PM contact.
If you tied me down and demanded that I give you some form of price range, here it is:
• Invent a D&D/RPG character – $10.00 USD – that is firm per character.
o Example – any character profiles on my gallery
• Up to 600 words (roughly 1-3pgs, one small interaction/conversation)– Around $15.00 USD
o Examples [link] [link] [link]
• Up to 2000 words (Up to 7pgs, a party interacting with each other, a discovery, a small battle/fight) – Around $25.00 – $40.00 USD
o Examples [link] [link]
Most of my fiction work will fall under those two categories
2100+ words - Anywhere from $25.00-$65.00+ USD. (7+ pages, a battle or a friggin epic saga.)
Again this all depends on how in depth you want this story to be, how long it can take me, how many characters/worlds I have to specially create for you, etc. Also on word count. Which is why these prices ARE NOT FIRM. Also, when ordering a piece, you most likely will not have a specific wordcount/length in mind, which is why I tried to give an arbitrary example of what situations each wordcount category might fulfill.
I tend to get a little explosive if my brain suddenly gains a surge of inspiration, so if I go over the established price range, I don't expect you to compensate me for it. (although I do appreciate tips~)
Work will not begin until payment in received, by paypal only.
If you are not satisfied with the work, I will try to come to an arrangement with you, but refunds are not likely. I must stress that you read my work here on dA or my blog before you consider commissioning me. If you do not like the style of my writing, chances are, you will not like my commissions.
With that being said, I take an extreme amount of pride in my work, and I am sure you will not be disappointed, and at least entertained.
That's a rough one. It'll all depend on how many commissions I have to fill, and how much time it takes me to get inspiration. With shorter pieces, I will try to get them out within a week or two, again depending on how much brainmeats I can squeeze out.
Longer pieces, that's uncertain. I have a strict mode of quality assurance in my head, and if it goes through my screening without needing to correct anything, I would deem it presentable. I'm kinda picky about that, but if you have a time limit, I will do my best to adhere to it.
I will post a queue here if I am working on multiple pieces at once so you can see where you are in my workload. However, I may not follow the queue strictly, as my brain works in sporadic spurts, and I may gain a sudden whirlwind of text for another individual's work. And if I don't write it down and work on it when it comes to me, I will not be able to focus on anything else.
If you have questions about your piece, you are more than welcome to contact me and inquire about your progress.
Since this is a relatively new thing for me, I may have to change the rules in the future when things aren't working out. Like any system, it requires testing.